It is possible to replace the color or the driving of the roofing covering independently. There is no need to consult with experts regarding this matter. Also, there are no restrictions. Color rotation has no impact on the bearing structural elements of the building (walls, base), a roof design (rafter system, roof boarding). If more global replacement is necessary, consultation with the architect, designer or roofing expert is obligatory. The easiness of roofing material replacement depends on the whole complex of factors like construction features, the weight of a roof, a stage of construction of the house and so forth.
Doing capital repairs of a roof.
Conditionally all roofing materials can be divided into light and heavy. The bituminous tile and a metal tile are classified as light. At the same time a ceramic tile, slate, a cement and sand tile considered heavy materials. Replacement of light material on similar on weight does not carry any changes of the project. However, substitution of light material into heavier causes essential intervention into building construction. Another important factor is choosing a proper roofing company. For example if your facility has flat roofing you should contact contractor for tar and flat roof work.
What about walls? Roofing material shall correspond to the bearing structures of the building. It means that the base, walls, and overlapping shall be with margin of safety and sustain a new roof. There is a number of general recommendations.
- The stout house (a brick, foamy, gas concrete, ceramic blocks). There are no restrictions concerning a type of roofing materials;
- The wooden house. There are no restrictions concerning a type of roofing materials. It is possible to use such exotic types of roofing covering as reed. Both light and heavy materials will approach. For example, the big weight of a natural tile or slate on wooden houses promotes more uniform shrinkage of the house;
- The frame and panel board house. It is better to use light roofing materials weighing no more than 10 kg/Esq. For example, metal, plastic or bituminous tile.
“Heavy case”. Replacement of light roofing materials by heavy will demand:
- The analysis of durability of the base and bearing walls (if they do not sustain increase in expected loadings, their strengthening, as a rule, causes pretty impressive finance costs);
- Adaptations of frame system (the heavier roofing material requires massive rafters).
The design of a roof shall maintain loading of 200 kg/sqm irrespective of the weight of roofing material. This value includes corresponding coefficient of margin and wind/snow pressure. The allowance is necessary for covering of force Majeure circumstances (very strong wind, snowfall) and roofing maintenance.
Further calculation is taking into account features of roofing material, namely its weight.